Monday, January 21, 2013

Looking Back

I am sititng here wondering how time manages to just fly right by while we are busy living. Two days ago, January 19th was the eight month mark for PJ and I. How have we been married for 8 months already?! Eight is the magic number of today because this year will be our eighth year together. So crazy.

What got me thinking about this? Our wedding photographer sent me a message asking if we would be willing to sign a release so that our wedding photos could be used in a brochure for the campas we got married on. How exciting, right?

In honor of the 8 month mark, I'd like to share some wedding photos. A quick recap of the most wonderful day thus far.  I had a hard time choosing just a few pictures so I split it up into a couple of posts that way it won't be picture overload. 
This is the church where we were married. My husband went to college on the campus where this church located. We had some many wonderful memories in this small town that it seemed like a no brainer that we should be married here.

The Altar. My sweet mother in law owns a flower shop and she handled all of the decor for me. Everything was so beautiful and better than I would have imagined.

My bouquet. This thing smelled as wonderful as it looked. Even if it did weigh 5 million pounds.

Our rings. I wanted something mismatched when it came to my wedding set. So we went the custom route. I am so in love with my rings. I still catch myself staring at them. Hubby said he didn't want a ring and would never wear it. I don't think a single day has passed that he hasn't worn it. It's adorable. He sleeps, works out, does yard work and still the thing never leaves his finger.

My dress. I tore a picture out of a magazine probably a year before we were even engaged. This was my dream dress. It really wasn't in my price range but every time I put in a dress I couldn't help but think of that picture. I finally bit the bullet and tried this one on. It was maybe the 5th dress I tried and it was game over the second they laced up that corset. I plan to sell it, but I just haven't gotten around to that part yet.


My pretty purple shoes.
 
My girls lacing me up. I lost too much weight (I know, poor me..lol) prior to the wedding so I had to have someone tighten me up about a hundred times throughout the night.

My maid of honor got all up in my dress trying to find the strings of the corset so I wouldn't bust my ass coming down the aisle.
The last shot of my engagement ring ridin' solo.
 
I've never felt more beautiful than I did on this day.
 
We did a first look. I loved how it came out. My husband is not a mushy romantic kinda guy. He was so cute and happy to see me. But, all he could muster was "Uh, you look really pretty". We still laugh about that.
"I can't believe we are really doing this!"
 



My nephew was so adorable in his little get up. I purchased this little outfit on clearance for a whopping $14.00. Sure beats the $40.00 tux rental.

Get ready...up next...ceremony photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment